Friday, February 6, 2009

Ork conversion: Officer titles

AT-43 has 5 ranks of officers and those officers can be attached to any unit. Now 40K only allows 2 HQ choices. So I'm having to come up with the titles for these items that never existed in the Ork meliue.

Some ideas are:

Rank 1: Arm Breaker
Rank 2: 'Ead basha
Rank 3: Boss
Rank 4: Big Boss
Rank 5: Warboss

Rank 1: lil' boss
Rank 2: boss
Rank 3: Big Boss
Rank 4: Battle Boss
Rank 5: Warboss

As you can see this not that easy, especially keeping the names Orkish.

Got to admit, this whole conversion thing is showing me how game design sort of works and all th considerations that have to go into it.

2 comments:

Kane said...

May I recommend Nob for Rank 1 or 2?

Cerebral Cortex of the Damned said...

Thanks for the input Matt.

Nob is also a unit, which makes it difficult to have a rank of Nob for leader. I thought about a straight 1-1 transfer type for AT-43 and I don't think it will work. If you have ideas on how to incorporate it, I'm all ears.