Sunday, April 29, 2007

Mobile Workstation Redux

People have asked to see how I have the drawers to my mobile workstation laid out. So I have taken the brief amount of time to do so.

I would like to apologize to those who have patiently waited. I have had pneumonia for the past 4 weeks and it sucks. Big time.

But without further ado....

Top Drawer:



I try to keep my tools, glues, etc. here and some of the card stock terrain that I am working on (in the back sections of the drawer). I need to re-org the drawers (all of them) since I have found some Mini's that I thought had been lost in some moves when I was haze grey and underway.. (for those who don't know what that is, it is my time at sea with the U.S. Navy).

2nd Drawer Down:



I have a small collection of spaceship mini's that I am working on here, but the majority of space is taken up by cardstock terrain that I have not had a chance to cut yet. Just a matter of time. I also have evidence bags from when I was a COP. Yes, yes, I was a cop for a very brief time. Don't get me started on COPs. Maybe I'll start a blog where I discuss personal opinions on stuff, but this is not my intention of this forum. So back to the hobbies. I use evidence bags to store bits and pieces of miniatures. You can actually purchase them at any craft place. I thought that was funny for some reason. I guess the irony of it.

3rd Drawer Down:



Ok, actual mini's start to show up in force. You can see the evidence bags in use (actually I found that some mini manufacturers use them too to ship mini's in!).

4th Drawer Down:



This drawer we see more mini's and some bits that I did not put in bags... like I said Pneumonia sucks. But when I re-org the drawers, the bits will be moved and more minis will be in the back. I have a set of drawers that are on my wall in the garage that have minis in them... you know the kind from 20 years ago.

Anyone notice Orca's ass? He's from Citadel Miniatures, 197? something. I found him along with a whole bunch of Grenadier Miniatures in that group of minis I thought had been lost.

5th Drawer Down:



More miniatures.... 20+ year old Space Marines from the very first plastic boxed set. Plus others. Need to put more minis down here during my re-org.

6th Drawer Down:



More minis, instructions on putting the cart together and pens for edging my cardstock terrain.

Side Drawer 1:



Glue for cardstock, GW bases and if I were to move the bases, a tool would appear that allows me to hold my mini's and paint them without getting paint on my hands, the table, etc.

Side Drawer 2nd down:



More glues (super type) and plastic sprues from Citadels first box of plastic minis that had Skaven, Elves, Dwarves, etc in them. NOW THATS AN OLD SET.

Side Drawer 3rd Down:




Bits from toys that will soon be converted to terrain pieces and now more of those 20 year old minis. My favorite is the Asmodeus from the first edition Monster Manual. Unfortunately he's broken due to being shoved in a box by "she who thinks she must obeyed". But I'm glad I found them..... Demonic and Diabolic battles await!!

I hope everyone enjoyed the show. I'll update when my re-org is done.

TTFN

No comments: